I love this recipe!
It’s a surefire hit when I need to steer my children away from nasty processed sweet stuff.
Alex in particular adores this banana bread and is fast becoming an expert at making it!
- 60g almond butter
- 2 ripe medium/large bananas
- 1 egg
- 60g honey (or rice malt syrup for low FODMAP)
- 60g rolled oats
- 25g almond flour
- 10g flaxseed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ tbsp cacao powder
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees and either grease or line a 1lb loaf tin with baking paper.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and whizz together until everything is combined.
- Pour the batter into the tin and bake low down for 50ish minutes. When the loaf’s baked (stick a skewer in and if it comes out clean, it’s done), leave for about 20 minutes to cool in the tin then turn onto a wire rack so the bottom doesn’t go soggy.
- The loaf will be quite flat when baked – don’t worry though, it will still taste amazing. You could double up on the recipe if you wanted a fuller loaf, but it will take longer to bake.