2 egg yolks
200g raw honey
4 freshly juiced lemons
zest from 2 lemons
pinch of unrefined sea salt
- In a small pan, whisk together eggs, yolks, honey, lemon juice, and zest. Add the butter and turn the heat down low.
- Cook on low until the butter has completely melted, stirring all the time.
- Turn the heat up a little and continue to cook and stir until the mixture thickens and tiny little bubbles start to come to the surface. This will take roughly 4 to 7 minutes.
- Immediately strain through a sieve into a glass jar and refrigerate. The curd will thicken even more when it sets. Store in the fridge.
- This tastes amazing on some keto rolls, or rye bread
Discovered at http://www.savorylotus.com/easy-lemon-curd-paleo/