This is the best thing I’ve had in ages!
I’ve been experimenting and come up with a gorgeous crunchy, gooey, crackly megamix of flavours and textures.
And it’s sooo easy to make!
For the base:
- 100g dates (I soaked mine)
- 100g walnuts
- 25g coconut oil
- 15g flaxseed
- Mix together in a food processor until combined
- Spread in a lined 9×9 tin and bake til slightly brown; about 20 minutes at 150 degrees.
- Leave to cool slightly while you make up the caramel.
For the caramel:
- 125g dates (I soaked mine as it makes them easier to blend)
- 50g coconut oil
- 55g coconut butter (or coconut cream)
Melt the coconut oil and butter then whizz til you get a gorgeous, creamy paste. Spread over the baked base and then make up the chocolate layer
For the chocolate:
Shortcut – 150g high quality, 80% solids dark chocolate, melted
Recommended route – make your own 🙂
- 125g cacao butter
- 25g rice malt syrup
- 20g raw cacao powder
- Melt gently and combine, then spread over the caramel and pop into the fridge