I absolutely love these Mega Bars.
They’re rich, gooey and taste incredible.
They’re packed with brazil nuts and seeds, giving you a great source of magnesium, selenium and Vitamin E among many other nutrients.
Although there are quite a few ingredients, you can easily tweak the recipe according to what you have in the cupboards.
I developed it by basically opening up my cupboards and adding loads of different ingredients!
- 100g dates
- 100g Brazil nuts
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 50g goji berries
- 25g coconut cream
- 25g cacao butter
- 25g raw cacao powder
- 25g flaxseeds
- 10g chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp lucuma
- 1 tbsp maca
1. Soak the nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and flaxseed in water overnight
2. Drain and rinse in the morning, and soak the dates in water for about half an hour
3. Whizz all the soaked ingredients together in a food processor, scraping down the sides to combine all the ingredients
4. Add all the other ingredients and continue to whizz in the food processor
5. Press the mixture down into a lined 9×9 tin and bake for 15 minutes on 130 degrees
6. Cool for about 15 minutes then cut into 16 squares and demolish!