This rich tomato sauce is soooo delicious!
It’s really quick to prepare and will last for ages, thanks to this being a big batch recipe. I use it in bolognaise to get mega-nutrition into my kiddies.
- 4 x 500g cartons of passata
- 200g carrots
- 100g organic baby spinach
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 medium courgette
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and chop the carrots and sweet potato, and chop the courgette. Add to a steamer and steam for about 10 minutes until soft, adding the spinach for the last few minutes.
- Cool the steamed vegetables for about 15 minutes, then add to a food processor along with the red pepper, paprika, turmeric and salt and pepper.
- Blitz until smooth, or for an ultra-smooth sauce transfer to a blender or NutriBullet.
- This makes a LOT of tomato sauce; I freeze mine in batches so I can whip up a healthy dinner at a moment’s notice.
You could also add a few pints of stock to make it into a scrummy tomato soup!