OK so apologies for the title but I couldn’t help it!
This soup is immense. And I don’t like soup.
It’s crammed full of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory ingredients and will do your body the world of good. The sweetness of the carrot tones-down the spicy watercress, and the coconut cream will help you to absorb all the amazing nutrients.
- 100g watercress (1 bag)
- 50g organic baby spinach (half a bag)
- 200g carrots, peeled
- 10g coconut cream
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- Steam the carrots for about 10 minutes until soft.
- Add the watercress and spinach and steam for another few minutes until the greens are wilted.
- Drain the vegetables and tip them into a food processor, then with the water in the pan you’ve just used to steam, make up a litre and a half or so of chicken stock with the stock cubes.
- Add the stock, coconut cream and seasonings to the food processor, whizzing until everything becomes liquidised.
Depending on how you like your soup texture, you can tuck into a chunky soup right now, or follow these additional steps if you like your soup a little smoother:
- Leave the mixture to cool for about 10 minutes and then pop it in batches into a Nutribullet or high speed blender.
- Whizz in the Nutribullet until smooth, and dish up, or freeze in batches!