I discovered these totally by accident, I basically decided to experiment one afternoon and chucked some random things together.
The result was an all-round really tasty, crispy, crunchy delightfully light meal!
These quantities are for one parcel, so simply multiply for cooking in batches.
- 1 sheet of filo pastry
- 2 thin slices of mango
- Handful of walnuts
- 1 medium potato, halved and steamed, then grated
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Salt and pepper to season
- Lay out the filo pastry and pop all the ingredients into the middle
- Season generously with salt and pepper
- Fold the pastry over until you make a parcel; handle it really delicately as it’ll tear quite easily. Brush lightly with oil as you fold each part of the pastry over
- Brush lightly on the top and bottom with oil, then pop onto a baking sheet and put it into the oven low down at 150 degrees for about 20 minutes, turning as the pastry turns gloriously brown