I created this recipe when I was feeling experimental and simply chucked a few bits and bobs into the food processor.
It’s so versatile and it really doesn’t matter if you change the proportions and add in extra stuff.
- 30g dry quinoa (preferably soaked overnight in water; if you’re pushed for time just rinse it through with water twice), then cooked
- 2 carrots
- 1 courgette
- 1tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried chillies
- 1tsp tomato puree
- Seasoning to taste
- Half a dozen portabello mushrooms
- Feta cheese
- Pop the carrots and courgette into a food processor and whizz until they’re all chopped up. Add everything else apart from the mushrooms and feta cheese.
- Remove the mushroom stalks and put a tonne of kitchen roll on a baking sheet. Bake the mushrooms face-down until they start wrinkling. You’ll see what the kitchen roll is for here 🙂
- Then dab off any remaining oil from the mushrooms, turn face up and add some dollops of the quinoa mixture, topped with crumbled feta cheese.
- Return to the oven for about 10 minutes until the feta starts to brown – then tuck in!
- There are so many serving options for these. You can devour loads, or have them with a salad or steamed asparagus for example. The options are endless!